Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Random Weekend moment

So on Saturday, before I went to my uncles wedding, I stopped at Wal-Mart (don't judge!) to get the oil changed for my car.  Knowing that I would be walking around the store while I was waiting so I decided to leave the book I am reading in the car.  About fifteen minutes into the wait, one of the mechanics came into the room where I was and asked if I was really reading The Divine Comedy.  (Um yeah....)  "Have you read The Inferno?"  Yeah...  "It was crazy."  And I had to agree...reading it for the first time in years, I was shocked at how "real" it was. 

More or less, I was amused by the fact that this mechanic got super excited over a book written over six hundred years ago and reminded me that I am not the only not the only nerd out there! 

1 comment: