Sunday, April 22, 2012
Today, I can't help but want to switch sides and defend him like a Lakers fan. As I sat down to finish watching the end of the first half of the Lakers-Thunder game with the siblings. The first thing that I saw was a replay of Metta World Peace celebrating a huge play. In the process, he elbowed a player from the other team in the head.
The referee's hit him with a flagrant foul 2 and had him ejected. With that type of foul, not only is the player ejected, they are suspended.
Was the call too harsh? Absolutely! I say this mainly because it was unintentional.
Ron Artest has the worst history of anger issues and I can't help but wonder this: How long should we hold this against him if he is trying to change his image?
Had this been anyone else, they would have been hit with a technical foul and the game would have continued.
Ron Artest is pure muscle and is an extremely emotional player, so much so that he has gotten professional help. When you have a strong man like that all riled up, things are going to happen. Do I think he was at fault? Not completely.
As much as I HATE the Lakers, I actually feel sorry for them because he really is a talented player. Yes, it sucks that the other player may have been hurt, but the league may have come down a little too hard on Metta. My brother, who is sadly an LA Lakers fan, and I were talking about the foul and he brought up a fair point. Ron Artest, body and physical style of play, is in the wrong playing era. This man should have played during the 70's to the very early 90's when the refs would just let the teams play without calling could every few seconds.
What do you think?
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
It seems like just yesterday Michigan was going through that awesomely crazy heat wave. Now I'm back to wearing my coat, hoping like hell that this all just a bad dream.
Wishful thinking right?
So here is what's been swirling around this head of mine.
- The book that I submitted back in September was rejected last month and for some reason, I'm not disappointed at all. So what I'm going to do is take out the unnecessary chunks and turn it into a novella. More on this later.
- I survived another calm holiday. Holidays just aren't the same without the chaos of a big family.
- My sisters are now 21 and 18? Good lord, where did the time go?! Then they are both about to graduate. Insaneness!
- During my time off from writing, I swear my characters are constantly on my mind. I'm still trying to figure out what Devyn looks like in my head and everything I do, I wonder how she and Miles would act in that situation. I'm thinking that I need to get back to writing.
- I found another recipe to try and am now hooked. It's pasta with spinach and cherry tomatoes with chicken sausage. It's pretty basic, but healthy. (Look mom, I do eat veggies!) I added the chicken sausage just to try it and am now in love with it. Would I recommend it? Most definitely!