Monday, September 6, 2010

The Innocence of a Child


Today, I went to my parents house in Grand Blanc to celebrate the "holiday" with them and just spend some time with the family.  Jazmone was talking about wanting to watch Mother Goose Rock N' Rhyme, a movie that we all pretty much grew up watching and is still one of my favorite movies.  Anyway, I sat down and started watching it on my laptop.  Kania, who is five, sat down and watched it with me until it was time to eat dinner.  Let me just say, anyone who deals with kids knows that for them to sit over an hour and some to watch a movie is a big deal.  There were parts where I would catch her humming along with the songs and tapping her fingers on the armrest.  

After dinner, while Mom was braiding her hair, she asked to watch it again!  She made it most of the way through before jumping up to see what everyone was doing.  Before I took them home, she wanted to see a few more parts and started singing along with the movie.  The whole way to Saginaw, she was singing different songs from the movie and reciting nursery songs.

I guess the reason why this kind of stopped me in my tracks was that in a time where kids her age have lost their innocence and their appreciation for kids movies, she is still holding on.  This is one thing that I absolutely love!  

1 comment: