Sunday, August 1, 2010

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." (Walter Winchell)

Today I got a text message from a friend of mine that said, "Happy Friendship Day!" and it made me really think about the people that I call friends.  Let me just say that I give this title to a select few and often times consider them family.  Other than relatives, they are the only people that know the real me and sometimes, it blows me away to know that they stick around!  Elbert Hubard once said, "Your friend is the person who knows all about you, and still likes you."  

Eleanor Roosevelt also said, "Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  So stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts.  And we are never, ever the same."  She couldn't have been more right.
I used to wonder what this meant and have come to understand that not all people are meant to stick around.  They are sometimes brought in our lives for a particular purpose and when their purpose has been fulfilled, both of you move on.  Everyone has dealt with this and I feel like this is not a lose, but a blessing.  You are better for meeting them.

I guess what I am saying is that no matter how much your friends drive you crazy with their nonsense and drama, (assuming they are real) at the end of the day, they will have your back and you have theirs.  That alone is a blessing and I really hope that no one takes that for granted!  


Have a great week, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment