Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Words

**I feel as though I have completely failed in terms of this blog, the one place that my words may not be twisted to fit the needs and wants of others.  As I was going through the list of unpublished posts, I ran across this one that I had started in August, but must have lost the nerve to finish.  Not entirely sure why, since it tells a lot about who I am as a person and what, or should I say who, has helped shape me.**


Today, I was thinking about the people that I voluntarily or involuntarily keep around me and how they have managed to help shape my life for me to be the person that I am today.  The people who force me to answer the tough questions when I don't want to.  The ones who tell me to take a chance and if I fail, to get back up and try it again.  Those just passing through or keep showing up no matter how many times you have told them to take a hike.  Or those who have walked beside me through thick and thin.  Those who I have known all my life, a few years or a few months.  Each person has challenged me in ways that another person may not and maybe that's the point. 


As I get ready to enter a new year next week, I can't help but think about how they have all influenced or forced me to step outside the box.  Believe me, that's not always an easy thing to do.  Whether it be food, my slight irritation with people who seem to lack common sense when in a public place, change or whatever. 


Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra said "Tell me what company you keep and I'll tell you what you are."  


I have found that most of the people that I have around me are people that are like me and in the end, force me to be a better person.  How did I get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment