Friday, September 30, 2011

A little while ago, I submitted my book for the second time since I started this blog.  As soon as I hit submit, I've got to say, I was anything but relieved.  Self doubt had poked it horrid little head as I watched the the confirmation page pop up.

What if they hate it and say no?
What if they say yes?  
What do  I do then?

Wait...STOP!  This means that I have taken a huge step in the writing process.  


Did I know that there would be moments of self doubt along the way?  Of course I did and that's all this is.


Now, I feel like this is just a step in the right direction.  Now, the search is on for me to look for other publishers who are accepting work from new writers.  It's time!  Marie Curie seems to put it the best:

“We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something. ”
Now that that's done, at least for the next week or so, I need to get back to my attempt to cut out meat and trying different dishes.  

Earlier this week, I did make 4 cheese baked ziti and have decided to make it again soon.  I think what I really liked about this was how easy it was and being that I am barely ever home, this is perfect for my type of lifestyle.  I'll admit that I did cheat.  The recipe asked for few different white cheeses, but I used an Italian mix, which had all three mixed in.  I think it worked out well.  I am not entirely sure I would use half and half that it called for again, mainly because of the loud milky smell that I could almost do without.   I did like the kick that the red pepper added though.

Thumbs up in my book!

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment