Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last thoughts of 2011...

As I was waking up this morning, thinking about the events of last night, it finally hit me that after tonight, this year is over.  That we will be welcoming 2012.  Maybe it's just me, but that's kind of crazy.  


Anyway, I got to thinking about how this year changed my perspective on life and the world around me.  

  • A year ago, I was mourning the loss of a great job and would soon find out what it meant to unemployed.  How my amazing family and friends refused to let me get discouraged when I thought that I would never find a job.  I have an even deeper love and appreciation for each and every one of them.
  • How, in those four and half months, I was able to finish writing the first draft of my second book.  (And haven't stopped writing.)
  • After saying over and over that I would never work for a government entity again, but did when I got a job with Meridian Township and somehow finding a new quirky work "family".  
  • Being able to go on two trips when many people couldn't afford to take one.
  • Being healthy


As we welcome in the new year, don't forget about all the lessons, rises and falls of 2011 and remember how those moments have changed your life for the better.  

Carrying with you the good....

As I get ready for my day, I leave you with the words of William Arthur Ward:  

Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!




Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment