Saturday, August 20, 2011

No 2011-2012 NBA Season?!

Since the end of the NBA Finals, basketball has been the last thing on my mind.  I'm starting to think that may make me a terrible NBA fan.  I mean, I really should be worried about how my Detroit Pistons will do this year in yet another rebuilding year or if the Mavs can pull a repeat.  Can Kobe win a championship without the Zen master/ one of the greatest coaches the game has ever seen?  Personally, I don't think so, but don't tell Jay I said that!  


In the two months since the season ended and the final draft picks were announced, the NBA became a distant memory.  The lockout went into effect on July 1st and as of a few days ago, the president of the players association and even the league president have announced that there may not even be an NBA season because the negotiations aren't going as well as most would hope.  A year without NBA basketball?! 

Once I recovered, I considered this: the same thing was said during the lockout in 1998, but fortunately for everyone involved, the season wasn't totally lost.  Yeah, there were only 40, 45 games, but let me tell ya, that's better than nada. 

So I'm wondering, are the presidents correct, the season being cancelled or will it be like the 1998-1999 season and a deal be made at the last second a month and half into the season?  Could it be like the NFL lockout that came to an agreement just as the NBA lockout began and make the necessary agreements before the season is to begin?  I would LOVE the last option, but you know how things go.  So for now, I am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.


Also, on a side note, no Bones until freaking November!  I mean, yeah, the spin off will be on in place of THE SHOW in the mean time, but I was really hoping to see a pregnant Brennan, with a cheesing Booth next month.  Maybe Castle, Criminal Minds will hold me over with a little CSI Miami, NY and Blue Bloods sprinkled in there in the meantime.  *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment