Friday, November 5, 2010

“FEAR is an acronym in the English language for "False Evidence Appearing Real"”

This week has been kind of dragged despite the fact that it was a four day work week and so is next week.  To calm my nerves this week, I've been getting a lot of writing done.  I was reminded of how much I hated my rogue characters and despite how stressful my main characters, Devyn and Miles, are, I totally love them.  I hate all of the things that I put these two through, but in the end, it is soooo worth it.

It has been almost a year and half since I started this blog and posted that my work had been accepted by a publisher, which I later turned down because I was ready to take that step and I wanted to go in a different direction.  Well, today, I found a publishing company that accepts manuscripts four months out of the year and the next round is in January of next year.  So, I am thinking while I am looking for a new job, I can make the changes that I think needs to be made and can submit my book.  

Am I nervous?  No...I'm terrified.  

A few months ago, I commented on here saying that the idea of submitting my book to another publisher and KT Mac said this: 

"....fear is the indication that you're about to do something worthwhile. It might not turn out the way you hope, but it definitely will make your life more interesting and better for it! Now, face that fear and go for it!"
 Maybe so.  

So I'm thinking that it's time to do what I'm afraid to do and continue to submit my book. 

Mary Manin Morrissey once said “You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.”

I think she said it perfectly!

1 comment:

  1. You know exactly how I feel about this subject....go for it!

    ReplyDelete