Monday, November 15, 2010

Dilemma

Okay, I know that I haven't resubmitted my book yet, but I got an idea for a second book.  The first book was about Devyn Williams past and the betrayal by someone close to her.  For the second book, I'm thinking that this will be more about her partner, Miles Jackson.  The opening scene will start with Miles making his way through the city.  What I do like about this chapter is that a lot of this is based on my last trip to Chicago. 

So here is my dilemma: How should the first (and maybe only) victim die?  I was talking to my mom about it earlier and she couldn't believe that I would even ask her this.  "Because, Mom!  I'm going to ask you about it anyway!"  Right now, I know that it's going to be messy and very gross.  Do you know what she recommended? (And I love her for this one!) "Think about the torture scene from 'Law Abiding Citizen'.  That was a real torture scene!"  Yes it was and even now, its one of the hardest scenes I've ever seen to watch.  (Ps. if you have a weak stomach or don't like blood, PLEASE don't watch that scene!) 

Let's just say I get what she's saying, but I can't do that.  Looks like I will be pulling out my encyclopedia on criminals out this week.  Yikes!

In my head, I know how it's going to end and have mapped out most of the characters, except the murderer.  Its that one part that is going to bug me!

Any ideas?

Ps. I have no idea where these crazy ideas come from and I can already see more than a few sleepless nights in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment