Monday, June 28, 2010

Random Note

Someone asked me this week how my book was coming along and I actually had to pause.  I was able to tell them that I rewritten the second half and I actually love it, which is extremely shocking for me.  The person went on to ask me when I was going to take the next step and I have to admit that it felt like the room temperature jumped up about 30 degrees.  (Since I know that not very many people read this blog, I feel like I can say this here.)  I almost told the person that the reason why it has taken me so long to take the final plunge and get serious about finding a publishing company is because I am terrified.  

Yes, people, I said it!  I. AM. TERRIFIED!  I am scared to see what I had spent so much time writing in print and out there for other people to read.  I mean, yeah, I have posted  chapters on here and had a couple people read my book, but I'm talking about it being available to the public!  That thought alone scares the living hell out of me!  

I honestly couldn't even tell you what excuse I gave this person, but the conversation alone has been nagging at me.  I know that this is ridiculous, but it's true.  

1 comment:

  1. The way I look at it, fear is the indication that you're about to do something worthwhile. It might not turn out the way you hope, but it definitely will make your life more interesting and better for it! Now, face that fear and go for it!

    ReplyDelete