Thursday, December 17, 2009

Chaos

I've never been a fan of the total chaos of the holidays, but I guess I really have no choice in the matter.  Christmas is a week from tomorrow and I haven't got a lick of shopping done.  That would be completely my fault, but I just haven't been focused on that.  It probably doesn't help that I am not a total fan of shopping either.  My main focus has been on my book when I'm not exhausted from working.  Even that sometimes feels like a chore.  Does that mean that I'm not completely into it?  I wonder if its the fact that I have work and family stuff still on my mind when I'm trying to work on my book.

In the new year (so weird to say already), I would love to take off one weekend, turn off my phones and just write until I can't anymore.  Selfish?  Maybe.  Then again, who said that I shouldn't be allowed to selfish every once and a while.  That's how a person stays sane in the midst of everything going on around them, right?  


Anyway, please know that I have not forgotten about posting chapters.  The next one that I was going to post was way too long and I'm really hating it.  I'm not sure if its the characters in the scene, what is being said or what, but I just don't like it.  As usual, the beginning and the end is fine, but the middle is what's driving me crazy.  *sigh* 

1 comment:

  1. Ha. I thought all my Christmas presents were taken care of before I left. Now I'm in the exact same boat of having to shop and not having started yet.

    And, missy, take that weekend for yourself. You need it if you're craving it.

    ReplyDelete