Sunday, May 13, 2012

Crossing Over

There was a time when I would cringe as my parents played their favorite albums and think that my generations music was oh, so much better.  


That was then...


Since I have gotten older and my music tastes have matured a bit, I have gone back and added a few of their songs to my own playlist.  What can I say? Their generation of music was onto something.  That it's not the time, but the message in the music.


Over the last several years, I have gotten to the point where I want there to be a message or a story in the song... something that I or others could relate to.  Not the repetitive nonsense that many rappers or so called r&b artists go on and on about in their lyrics.  


I finally got a chance to listen to a few songs that Lionel Richie re-released on his Tuskegee album recently and fell in love!  He mixed classics such as Stuck on You, You Are and Deep River Woman with various country artists without messing them up, sounding amazing.  Leave it to Lionel to say screw the genre lines and do something totally different.  Because of his love for music, rather than caring about what people would think, this album has been accepted by many of his loyal followers as well country fans.  This man just proved that he can still put out a good album.


For now, I'll keep Stuck on You with Darius Rucker on repeat!


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment