Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tonight's Attempt

Okay, I know it has been a while since I have posted a new recipe attempt on here. There was nothing stopping me other than the fact that I have been avoiding anything that included cooking with more than three ingredients or cereal...pure laziness.  So I decided this week, I would make up for that.  As I eat my newest attempt, I figured I may as well talk about it.  


Fettuccine with Black Olive Pesto and Scallions


Okay, so first off, I was more than a little iffy about this one.  So much that I made Alfredo sauce as a plan b.  Shockingly, I didn't need it.  Before this, I usually stayed away from jalapenos, but this is what added the kick that made an already good dish better.   It also helps that it is one that doesn't take too long to make.  The pesto consists of black olives and juice, thyme, chopped onion, parsley, garlic, red wine vinegar and, yes, olive oil.  I cheated a little bit and used dried thyme, but I think it worked out.  The only thing that I really skipped was the scallions...forgot to pick some up.   Oops!


At the end of the day, this was has been added to my list of dishes to make again and believe me, that's saying something.  Next time, the plan is to try it with a tomato mozzarella salad with vinaigrette dressing.  


Would I recommend it?  Absolutely!  


I have long believed that good food, good eating is all about risk. Whether we’re talking about unpasteurized Stilton, raw oysters or working for organized crime ‘associates,’ food, for me, has always been an adventure.—–Anthony Bourdain

No comments:

Post a Comment