Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Memory Lane...

When I started this blog almost two years ago, I was just beginning to tell people that I had written a book. Even now, I still get the occasional "Stop telling people because they don't really care" or "Maybe you should be doing something a little more productive with your time."  Sometimes it sounds like a broken record, but that's fine, because its something that I like to do.

Today, I spent the afternoon with Amy and her little one and she gave me back a copy of my first book that I gave her a couple years ago to read.  I just flipped through it and was amazed by how much the story had changed in that time.  The ending has been rewritten, I came to hate the mini villains even more and root for my main characters just a tad bit louder. 

Maybe its a good thing she held onto it for a while.  It is a reminder of how much work I still had to do at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment